Content pillars are the foundational topics or themes that guide your content strategy and planning. They are like the backbone of every piece of content you produce, representing the core focus areas for your content-creating efforts. Having content pillars is important because they provide structure and direction to your content, ensuring it aligns with your overall goals for your business and talks to your target audience.
Crafting content pillars for a Holistic Wellness Business involves addressing the various aspects of well-being, as well as the services you provide. Here are some broad ideas for four content pillars I would consider, think about them and adapt them to fit in with your business.
Mindful Living - Content Pillar 1️⃣
- Blog Posts: Explore topics such as mindfulness practices, meditation techniques, and stress management.
- Social Media Content: Share daily affirmations, mindfulness exercises, and quotes that promote a positive mindset. These are an easy content idea - I have a few quote templates here you can steal!
- Main Product or Service Integration: Whatever your main offering is say Yoga Classes, Reiki, Oracle Card Readings - whatever it is bring it back to how your offering contributes to "Mindful Living". So for me, because I'm also an Essential Oil lady I'd add in my Essential Oil offerings here for Mindful Living. eg: Highlighting specific essential oils and blends that support mental clarity, relaxation, and overall well-being.
Nutrition and Wellness - Content Pillar 2️⃣
- Recipe Ideas: Provide healthy and nutritious recipes that align with a holistic lifestyle. And here I would add in recipes using Essential Oils.
- Nutritional Tips: Share information on superfoods, supplements, and mindful eating practices. Do you have products you recommend or could you become an affiliate for the products you use for added nutrition, like supplements or protein powders?
- Wellness Challenges: Engage your audience with wellness challenges, encouraging them to adopt healthier habits.
Holistic Fitness - Content Pillar 3️⃣
- Home Exercise Routines: Offer simple yet effective home workout routines suitable for all fitness levels.
- Yoga and Meditation Videos: Create video content guiding viewers through yoga sessions and meditation practices.
- Fitness Challenges: Launch fitness challenges that incorporate physical activity, mindfulness, and community support.
Self-Care Rituals - Content Pillar 4️⃣
- Daily Routines: Share personalized self-care routines that incorporate elements of holistic well-being.
- Product Recommendations: Introduce natural skincare products, essential oils, and wellness tools - again switch this up to your offerings if you have products you sell or if you are an affiliate for products.
- Interactive Content: Encourage your audience to share their self-care rituals and create a sense of community.
These content pillars aim to cover a spectrum of holistic wellness aspects, catering to your audience's physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Remember to adapt the content to your unique style and incorporate your core offerings, and don't forget to make it yours, be yourself and let the "you"ness shine through in all your content. If you are being yourself you will draw the right people to you, the ones you want to work with.
Mindbodygreen Health Coach Certification
Health Certification program is now open!
What sets the Mindbodygreen program apart:
👩🎓Students can finish in just 20 weeks.
🤎Our program is approved by the National Board of Health & Wellness Coaching (NBHWC), and graduates of our program are qualified to apply to sit for the national board exam.
🧪We incorporate the fundamentals of science-backed learning with holistic practices. It’s now referred to by many in the field as the gold standard of health coaching programs.
✅These are a few of the reasons why the Mindbodygreen program was recently named the “Best Career Focused” by Forbes Health.
Enrol before March 22nd 2024
☝️This is an affiliate link ☝️
Now that you have some ideas for your Content Pillars now what? Did you find that as you read through these ideas, more came to you?
Get a pen and paper or open up a word document and start planning. Just starting I find helps you get into the right mood and ideas just start flowing. Grab my Content Planner Template below if you'd like too, to map out your plan and get creating. You can print out the pages you want to use and write up your plan, or use it in Canva. It's quite useful in Canva if you have someone helping you in your team, who uses your Canva as well, as they can add to it as ideas come to them. Don't have Canva? Canva is a free-to-use online graphic design tool. Use it to create social media posts, presentations, posters, videos, logos and way way more.
I resisted planning my social media and all my content for so long - even though I tell everyone else to, AND I do planners for my client's content. But I've found now that I actually sit down and make a plan - with my Content Pillars already sorted - life is so much easier. Walking the talk 🚶♀️
Grab my Canva Content Planner Template ⬇️📩
Need some YouTube Inspiration?
Grab my YouTube Templates for Health Coaches or Holistic Wellness Businesses, this wee kit comes with 2xBanners and 10xThumbnails which you can make your own. These are a great starting point for when you are procrastinating about all the steps you need to go through to create your YouTube video. Just swap out the photos and the font's and boom there are your intro's and outro's and banners sorted.
You might also be interested in:
This post contains affiliate links which I may earn a commission from if you decide to purchase. I only recommend things I think will be valuable to my readers and products and services I use myself.